Position Title: Cluster Coordinator
No. of Position: 1
Project: Nand Ghar
Reporting Line: Project Lead–Nand Ghar
About the Project:
Nand Ghars is a network of modern Anganwadis with an integrated approach to child welfare and skill development for women. Vedanta, in partnership with Ministry of Women and Child Development, is constructing 4000 model Anganwadis, “Nand Ghars”, across 12 states. Nand Ghars are currently present across India, Vedanta Group has selected PCI as an Operations and Maintenance (O&M) Partner for the Nand Ghars present in the state of Goa with the following aims:
- To provide quality education to children between the ages of 3-6;
- To have no malnourished children at Nand Ghars through the provision of nutritious hot-cooked meals served to children;
- To provide primary healthcare at the doorstep for children and women of Nand Ghar along with the other people in the community; and
- To develop skills through trade-based and entrepreneurship training for women who are above 18 years of age.
PCI seeks to appoint Cluster Coordinators for rolling out of the Community Engagement Program. S/he will be supporting in capacity building of key stakeholders in the Project Area as per the requirement of Project.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Feed data through mobile applications
- Ensure Anganwadi Monitoring Committee (Nigrani Committee) meets quarterly
- Mobilise Gram Panchayat Development Plans for Rural Development in the Nand Ghar Village (toilet construction, drinking water, repair, etc.)
- Ensure visits by local Integrated Child Development Services (ICDS) officials to Nand Ghar quarterly
- Ensure Community-Based Events (CBE) such as Annaprasan, Godbharai, etc. are conducted at Nand Ghars once in a month
- Ensure celebration of special days and award/reward ceremony at Nand Ghar
- Ensure operational of Village Health Sanitation and Nutrition Committee (VHSNC) meets monthly
- Use of Nand Ghar as a Resource Centre
- Ensure maximum enrollment of eligible children at Nand Ghar
- Ensure regular attendance of the enrolled children at Nand Ghar
- Ensure monthly conduction of Patents Teachers Meeting (PTM)
- Ensure dissemination of education content via TV at Nand Ghar/WhatsApp groups
- Implement WASH program to ensure toilet training, hand washing, wearing of slippers while going to toilet, etc.
- Ensure Functional Kitchen Garden established at the Nand Ghar or its vicinity for use of beneficiaries
- Ensure supplementary nutrition/take home ration distribution once a month
- Ensure growth monitoring and plotting of enrolled children in ICDS child growth card
- Ensure eligible Pregnant Women and Lactating Mothers are registered at the Nand Ghar
- Ensure “ASHA/ANM workers participation in counselling of mother about the importance of nutrition and practices related to young child (Breastfeeding, Complementary Feeding etc.) at the Nand Ghar.
- Record videos of each activity and share as proof (minimum 5 sec)”
- Facilitate linkages of new Nand Ghar beneficiaries to various Government schemes
- Facilitate organizing Health Camps at Nand Ghars
- Ensure training and assessment of the Front-Line Workers (FLWs) on thematic areas (education, nutrition, health and skill) with support of Training Officers
- Ensure all activities are being conducted as per plan and also facilitate visits from the donors and other officials
- 10+2 or Graduate with 2 years of experience in development sector, preferably ICDS system. Also, demonstrated experience and ability in planning meetings, Govt officials handling, field work, data collection and reporting will be an added advantage. Candidates from the community will be preferred.
- Ability to communicate in Konkani, Marathi and Hindi
- Willingness to travel to project areas, including remote rural locations
- The incumbent must maintain confidentiality, use sound judgement, and perform independently with the following professional attributes:
- Demonstrate high standards of conduct and Ethics
- Be respectful, consistent and fair
- Possess cultural and political awareness and sensitivity
Interested candidates can apply for the Position of “Cluster Coordinator” by 13th July 2023
PCI India is an equal opportunity provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability and/or marital status. Due to the heavy inflow of resumes, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Female Candidates are encouraged to apply.