Position: Block Coordinator
No. of Vacancy: 3
Reporting Line: Program Officer
Duration : 6 months
About the Project:
Through this project, PCI proposes to focus on developing and demonstrating critical metrics in the designated districts of Shiekhpura, Katihar, Khagaria and Patna urban PHCs, which can become models of FP and MH, which, in turn, can be showcased, replicated, and scaled up in other geographies in the future.This project seeks to optimise the use of a range of Government schemes, provisions and facility-level care around maternal health and family planning services by women and their families needing appropriate care by systematically working with Government health systems, Centres of excellence and development partner forums.
The project will focus on the following objectives:
i. Strengthen quality maternal health and family planning service delivery in identified priority districts of Katihar, Khagaria, Sheikhpura and the Urban PHCs of Patna, making them exemplars for learning and replication.
ii. Build institutional arrangements and effective mechanisms, comprising monitoring, mentoring, and putting data to work to improve the effectiveness and quality of the maternal health and family planning programme in the targeted areas.
iii. Engage community-based organisations to co-design and drive communication campaigns around SRHR and Maternal Health.
iv. To strengthen family planning and maternal health care information and services through gender lens and promote empathetic service delivery, keeping women at centre.
v. Capture the key learning and manage knowledge related to the entire quality improvement process.
vi. Enable identified facilities to reach the gold standard of quality care around Family planning and maternal health and achieve due certification for their quality.
PCI proposes to hire Block Coordinator to provide on-ground support in the implementation of the Project in intervention district Sheikhpura. S/he will be accountable for the achievement of goals and delivery of project outcomes at block level.
• The Block Coordinator will undertake the field activities at block level as per the directives of Program officer. S/he will ensure the overall quality of the implementation of the activities in their respective blocks.
• Support in implementing activity timeline and key result areas for their respective blocks, and ensure regular review of project deliverables, and other related activities.
Key Role and Responsibilities:
• Facilitate community engagement, facility Improvement & service access for achieving the project goals through Community Mobilizers, Vikas Mitras, Yuva Mitras & Beauticians mobilization at the block level. Promote FP services and product access through WeCare App.
• Facilitate and support requisite trainings and orientation of community mobilizers, Vikas Mitras, Yuva Mitras & Beauticians.
• Hand holding and mentoring support provided to community mobilizers, Vikas Mitras, Yuva Mitras & Beauticians in the field and regular progress review of field activities.
• Coordination & Networking and advocacy with Community mobilizers for promoting uptake by community for FP services and WeCare app.
• Planning and Organizing community-based events in close liaison with community-based organizations (SHG federation, Youth Clubs etc.) for achieving project goals and drive communication campaigns around SRHR and Maternal Health.
• Assist in effective implementation of LMIS & monitor the progress of roll-out of FPLMIS at block level.
• Strengthen the operationalization of the health and wellness centres in the block to provide RMNCH+A services and other services as laid out in the guidelines.
• Strengthen the community level interventions through the sub centres and ASHAs for quality service delivery at the community level.
• Facilitate in implementing flagship programs such as PMSMA, JSY, JSSK, roll out of injectables services, roll out of FP LMIS etc.
• Follow-up of MDSR reporting on Asha days to implement regular reporting and review.
• Keeping a regular track of the progress against planning and sharing with the relevant stakeholders at block level.
• Identify and evaluate the risks associated with program activities and take appropriate action in consultation with Program officer to mitigate the risks.
• Support in the process of learning, concurrent monitoring, identifying, and capturing voices of champions and beneficiaries, knowledge management and documentation of best practices.
• Identification and preparation of relevant case studies.
• Proper documentation and reporting of program activities.
• Participate and provide inputs in Block level planning and review meetings.
• Any other activities as assigned by supervisor and the organization.
• Candidate must have Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma or equivalent degree in Rural Development/Social work/Sociology/Management/Science or a related field from a reputed university/ institute.
1. The ideal candidate shall have experience of working (2-3 years) with government and development organizations and expertise in preferably one or more of the following domains:
• Maternal Health
• Family Planning
• Quality assessment programs like LaQshya and Suman
• Implementation of Govt. flagship programs such as PMSMA, JSY, JSSK etc.
2. Good understanding of social structures and community level dynamics of Bihar.
3. Experience of building and nurturing government relationships and partner organizations.
4. Experience of designing and executing capacity building and mobilization programs.
5. Candidates must have excellent written/verbal communication and presentation skills.
1. Knowledge and experience with FP and gender approaches and tools.
2. Ability to communicate effectively in local dialects in Bihar.
3. Adequate oral and written English skills.
4. Advanced digital literacy including word processing, database systems, and PowerPoint. Good knowledge of excel is a plus.
Interested Candidates can apply for the position of Block Coordinator by 26th June,2023
PCI India is an equal opportunity provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability and/or marital status.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply