Position: Block Coordinator (Recover Bihar)
No. of Positions: 2
Reporting Line: District Coordinator
Location: At Block level of Bhojpur districts of Bihar
Duration: Till December 2023
About the Project:
PCI with funding support from The David & Lucile Packard foundation is implementing the RECOVER- Bihar project to support government of Bihar to improve routine immunization coverage in the rural population of Bihar. The main objective of this phase of the project is to strengthen the Supply-Demand gap in routine immunization, especially focusing on vulnerable population groups. The RECOVER- Bihar project is focusing on two distinct sets of problem (supply-demand gap and equity issue) impeding immunization coverage in rural Bihar post COVID pandemic. The project will introduce innovative solutions which will – strengthen vaccination session planning and boost the community mobilization activities to reinforce positive behaviors targeting Mahadalits and other vulnerable population groups.
Block Coordinator shall ensure quality implementation of the project deliverables adhering to plan for Village vaccination in coordination with community mobilisers. He /She has to keep regular coordination and linkages with SDM/BDO/MOIC/BHM/MOs /CDPO/JEEViKA BPM and all the stakeholders within the block for developing a conducive environment to get the best outcomes. He /She should strive towards building the capacity and mentoring the FLWs to have proper line listing and home-based counselling to the listed beneficiaries in order to saturate and ensure optimum coverage of routine immunization.
Key roles and Responsibilities:
• Work closely with block level administrative officials, Department of Health, JEEViKA, ICDS, Panchayati Raj and development partners for proper microplanning of vaccine management & smooth delivery at session site and social mobilization activities for optimum coverage for immunization.
• Facilitate and mentor Village level community mobilisers in planning, resource mapping, identifying and enlisting beneficiaries and conducting social mobilization activities.
• Coordination & Networking and advocacy with Community influencers, religious institutions, Traditional healers etc. to get support in addressing hesitancy to immunization.
• Imparting training and supportive supervision of FLWs to ensure proper line listing of beneficiaries, home based counselling to the identified beneficiaries and effective use of IEC materials.
• Planning and Organizing community-based events in close liaison with community-based organizations (SHG federation, Youth Clubs etc.) and religious institutions to bust and address the myths and misconceptions against immunization.
• Keeping a regular track of the progress against planning and sharing with the relevant stakeholders
• Regular visit to the community mobilization and vaccination site to support and address if any issue comes up
• Represent the organization at different forums and meetings held at block level.
• Proper documentation and reporting of program activities.
• Identification and preparation of case study.
• Identify and evaluate the risks associated with program activities and take appropriate action in consultation with district coordinator to mitigate the risks.
• Any other activities as assigned by supervisor and the organization.
Qualifications and Competencies:
• Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Social Work/ Rural Development/ Social Science/ Health and
General Management from a reputed university/ institute.
2. Work Experience:
• Minimum 2-3 years’ experience of working in the field of social work/Immunization/community
mobilization / public health, preferably in Bihar
• Working experience in INGO/NGO in the area of community intervention / public health program would be an added advantage.
• Good understanding of social structures and community level dynamics of Bihar.
3. Personality attributes:
• Strong sense of professional commitment, maturity & social accountability and individual’s right
• Good interpersonal and communications skills, including writing skills in English and Hindi.
• Ability to communicate effectively in local dialects in Bihar.
• Willingness to travel within the state as per project needs.
4. Skills Attributes:
• Ability to write and type in Hindi fonts will be added advantage.
• Consultative and collaborative approach; ability to work with diverse groups.
• Proven ability to take initiative, problem solving and work as a team member
• Working Knowledge of computer M.S excel, M.S office.
Interested candidates can apply for the position of Block Coordinator by 29th August,2023.
PCI India is an equal opportunity provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability and/or marital status. Due to the heavy inflow of resumes, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.