Position Title: Consultant – Partnership Framework development
Project: Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Rural Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NRLM)
No of Position: 01
Reporting Line: Director – Health & Nutrition
Location: Work from home with travel
Duration: 40 working days to be covered in a period of 2 months
About Project Concern International:
PCI, a Global Communities Partner has been working in India since 1998 with the Mission to empower people to enhance health, end hunger, overcome hardship and advance women and girls. PCI, a Global Communities Partner, envisions a world in which the most vulnerable people will have the power to lift themselves out of poverty and to create vital, healthy lives for their families and communities now and for the future.
PCI works with the government as well as social actors to create an enabling environment to improve and activate the social position of marginalized populations, especially women and girls, as well as strengthen convergent actions on the ground. Knowledge and evidence-based decision making and data-driven management have been a trademark of our programs in India. For over two decades, PCI has maintained a diverse portfolio in India, with a presence in more than one-fifth of all districts in the country, reaching over 10 million people in 2019 alone. PCI’s health, gender, and community development programming focuses on low-income, vulnerable and hard-to-reach populations, especially adolescent girls, women of reproductive ages and children. By integrating its community mobilization and empowerment approaches into the government strategies and systems, PCI is helping to ensure that millions of vulnerable women, children, families, and communities throughout India have the ability to advocate for, access and utilize quality health, nutrition, and empowerment services and information for generations to come.
Please visit our website to learn more about our work in India.
About the project:
PCI provides Technical Assistance to Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Rural Livelihoods Mission (TA to DAY-NRLM) at national level for layering Food, Health, Nutrition and WASH (FNHW) in the livelihoods programming of DAY- NRLM. One of the objectives of the project is to expand the reach of health and nutrition (HN) interventions through the SHG platforms of DAY-NRLM to reach 80 million households across the country. The TA team supports the development of strategic documents, tools and other resources necessary for streamlining this scale-up.
Problem statement: While DAY-NRLM is investing resources in scaling up FNHW interventions, the speed of scale-up needs to be enhanced. One of the ways in which the DAY-NRLM can do this effectively and with quality is by empaneling competent and resourceful CSOs, academicians, private and government organizations who can provide technical and implementation support to SRLMs.
To ease this, PCI needs a consultant who can produce the following deliverables:
- Map all potential partners working in the field of Health and Nutrition
- Develop a partnership framework; model non-financial agreement/MoU and TOR, which States could use to build partnerships with interested agencies with the aim to improve MIYCN and overall health and nutrition of communities.
- Develop tools that can be used by NRLM/SRLM to manage the partnership, such as, tools to monitor progress, compliance to rules and regulations, timeliness of submissions etc.
- In coordination with NRLM, draft an EOI on their behalf, to solicit proposals from interested parties.
Using these materials, DAY-NRLM should issue an EoI for non-financial partnership framework to empanel or prepare a long list of suitable/like minded organisations to work with various State Missions. The Model ToR should be suggested by NRLM for States to follow. Knowing that SHG platform has added advantage (than simply working with front-line health workers), NRLM can offer the platform to all such potential partners to work with both SHG and non-SHG members.
The Consultant is suggested to conduct key stakeholder interviews and review necessary documents.
The consultant would need to work closely with the NMMU and TA to NRLM team to develop the said materials. S/he would also need to interact with leadership of 2-3 large SRLMs and potential partners to understand the current landscape. S/he would also need to undertake a desk review to map the potential partners in terms of their strengths and geography.
List of suggested stakeholders –
- Leadership (CEO/COO) of 2-3 SRLMs (selected in consultation with the PCI team) along with State program Managers and leads of verticals, especially Health and Nutrition, Livelihoods and Financial Inclusion
- Procurement team of SRLMs
- Responsible persons in other Government departments, especially National Health Mission, Women and Child Development, Agriculture and Food Distribution
- Potential NGO partners
- Potential CSR Donors
- Other Donors
- Private Institutions,
- Government Institutions such as AIIMS, IRMA, IIPS, TISS etc.
- Any other
Suggested documents for desk review –
- Partnership framework/guidelines being used by other verticals of SRLM,
- Procurement Guidelines of SRLMs/NRLM,
- partnership frameworks of other related Government Departments (NHM/WCD),
- Financial rules of SRLM/NRLM,
- procurement guidelines of NGOs/Government Institutions/Private Institutions etc.
- Existing partnership documents
The consultant will need to travel to the selected states to undertake discussions with relevant parties. Once the framework is developed to the satisfaction of the NMMU and TA to NRLM teams, it will be shared with the leadership of DAY-NRLM team to release the EOI. The framework will require feedback and comments from the NMMU / NRLM to be incorporated, which may mean a few rounds of revisions before being finalized.
Suggestive work plan (includes only working days) with deliverables
- Preparation of workplan (2 days)
Immediately upon selection, a meeting will be held between the Consultant and the TA to NRLM team of PCI to orient the consultant on the work requirements and decide on the stakeholders to be interviewed. Based on the discussions, consultant will prepare her/his workplan.
- Prepare questionnaire and map the stakeholders (20 days)
Consultant will prepare questionnaires to be administered to the selected stakeholders. The questionnaire will be finalized in discussion with NMMU. Consultant conducts field visits to interview stakeholders. Also conducts desk research to complete the stakeholder mapping. The mapping will be presented to NMMU by consultant.
- Development of partnership framework/model MOU (10 days)
Consultant prepares a draft partnership framework/non-financial MOU. This will be finalized in consultation with NMMU.
- Draft the EOI to be used by DAY-NRLM (8 days)
Consultant develops the EOI to be released by DAY-NRLM. It is finalized in discussion with NMMU and share with JS.
The SOW is suggestive and will be further elaborated later.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION:
Qualifications and Experience:
- At least 5 years of work experience in Public Health or Rural Development programs. Experience of working with the Government for RMNCHA+, other large public health programs or with DAY-NRLM/SRLM or their community structures is preferred.
- Demonstrated success in developing good quality strategic documents for Government bodies or large organizations.
- Should have developed at least 5 proposals related to the field of Health or Rural Development for reputed organizations or the Government.
- Should be familiar with commonly followed procurement rules and procedures within the Government and Non Government Organizations.
SKILLs & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
- Demonstrated success in coordinating various stakeholders (government included) and developing strong relationships to be able to interact with range of actors
- Strong analytical and creative thinking capabilities
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities, and be effective under tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently, flexibly and responsively, with a strong commitment to excellence.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English and Hindi
Interested candidates can apply for the Position of Consultant – Partnership Framework development by 21st August 2022,5:00 pm.
PCI India is an equal opportunity provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability and/or marital status. Due to the heavy inflow of resumes, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.