Name of the Position: Placement Manager, Pathways to Progress
Location: Pune, Maharashtra
Reporting to: Project Manager, Pathways to Progress
No of Position – 01
Duration: 14 Months
About PCI India:
PCI works with the government as well as social actors to create an enabling environment to improve and activate the social position of marginalized populations, especially women and girls, as well as strengthen convergent actions on the ground. Knowledge and evidence-based decision making, and data-driven management have been a trademark of our programs in India. For over two decades, PCI has maintained a diverse portfolio in India, with a presence in more than one fifth of all districts in the country, reaching over 10 million people in 2019 alone. PCI’s health, gender, and community development programming focuses on low-income, vulnerable, and hard to-reach populations, especially adolescent girls, women of reproductive ages and children. By integrating its community mobilization and empowerment approaches into the government strategies and systems, PCI is helping to ensure that millions of vulnerable women, children, families, and communities throughout India can advocate for, access and utilize quality health, nutrition, and empowerment services and information for generations to come.
Position Overview: PCI is seeking a dedicated and compassionate Placement Manager to join our team and make a meaningful impact in the lives of students in Maharashtra, particularly in Nashik, Pune, Mumbai and Nagpur who have acquired diverse skill sets. As a Placement Manager, you will play a pivotal role in creating pathways to economic empowerment by connecting these students with relevant and sustainable job opportunities. Your efforts will contribute to breaking down barriers and promoting social mobility for individuals striving to build successful careers.
- Student Engagement: Build and maintain strong relationships with students who have completed skill-based training programs, understanding their aspirations, capabilities, and career preferences.
- Job Matching and Development: Evaluate students’ skills, strengths, and goals, and match them with suitable job opportunities in collaboration with local employers and organizations. Work with employers to identify and create job openings that align with the skill sets of our students, negotiating fair terms for both parties.
- Networking: Cultivate relationships with potential employers, industry associations, and community partners to expand the range of job prospects available to students.
- Resume and Interview Preparation: Provide guidance to students on crafting effective resumes, honing interview skills, and presenting themselves confidently to potential employers.
- Skill Enhancement: Collaborate with program coordinators to understand the evolving job market trends and ensure that students’ skills are aligned with industry demands.
- Support Services: Facilitate access to support services such as transportation assistance, interview attire, and other resources that can enhance students’ employability.
- Data Management: Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of student profiles, job placements, and outcomes, generating reports for program evaluation and improvement.
- Follow-up: Monitor and support students in their job placements, conducting regular check-ins to ensure successful integration into the workplace and address any challenges that arise.
- Feedback Loop: Gather feedback from employers about students’ performance, identifying areas for improvement and refining training programs accordingly.
- Assist and support the reporting manager in any other tasks assigned.
- Master’s degree in social work, human resources, education, business, or a related field
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in job placement, career counseling, human resources, or related roles, preferably in working with underserved populations.
- Strong understanding of the job market, industry trends, and skill requirements across various sectors.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to engage with students, employers, and community partners effectively.
- Empathy, patience, and a genuine passion for empowering individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Proficiency in data management and basic reporting.
- Cultural sensitivity and an understanding of the challenges faced by individuals seeking employment.
- Opportunity to make a significant impact on the lives of individuals striving for economic independence.
- Collaborative and supportive work environment.
- Ongoing professional development and training opportunities.
If you are a driven individual with a heart for empowering others, we invite you to apply for this Placement Manager position. Join us in fostering a future where skill-based training opens doors to sustainable employment and transforms lives.