Terms of reference for District Mobilization Coordinator
Position Name: District Mobilization Coordinator
Reporting Line: Assistant Program Manager/State Program Manager
Tenure: Four Months
Location: District Headquarter of MDA district in different states (Bihar-24, Jharkhand-08, MP-05, WB-07, UP-19)
Number of Position: 63 DMCs in 5 states
PCI, a Global Communities Partner, has been working in India since 1998 with the mission to empower people to enhance health, end hunger, overcome hardship and advance women and girls. PCI, a Global Communities Partner, envisions a world in which the most vulnerable people will have the power to lift themselves out of poverty and to create vital, healthy lives for their families and communities now and for the future.
PCI works with the government as well as social actors to create an enabling environment to improve and activate the social position of marginalized populations, especially women and girls, as well as strengthen convergent actions on the ground. Knowledge and evidence-based decision-making and data-driven management have been a trademark of our programs in India. For over two decades, PCI has maintained a diverse portfolio in India, with a presence in more than one-fifth of all districts in the country, reaching over 10 million people in 2019 alone. PCI’s health, gender, and community development programming focuses on low-income, vulnerable, and hard-to-reach populations, especially adolescent girls, women of reproductive ages and children. By integrating its community mobilization and empowerment approaches into the government strategies and systems, PCI is helping to ensure that millions of vulnerable women, children, families, and communities throughout India have the ability to advocate for, access and utilize quality health, nutrition, and empowerment services and information for generations to come.
About the Project:
Lymphatic Filariasis (LF) is a neglected tropical disease and there is a proven strategy for elimination of this disease through the administration of effective drug combinations at population level for several years.
Lymphatic Filariasis is endemic in India in 20 states and UTs where 328 districts have been mapped out as LF endemic. Despite a proven strategy, elimination of Lymphatic Filariasis in India continues to be a distant goal as efforts are largely focused on improving service delivery without any significant focus on demand generation.
The proposed project mainly lays focus on demand generation through social mobilization efforts leveraging several existing platforms like State Rural Livelihoods Missions (SRLMs), Panchayati Raj Institutions (PRIs), Civil Supply (Ration Dealers), Front-Line Workers (FLWs), schools, Civil Society Organization (CSO) networks, etc. The project will work in 133 LF endemic districts where Mass Drug Administration Campaign is going on.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with the district health authorities to deploy social mobilization coordinators in MDA blocks
- Capacity building of social mobilization coordinators on technical and social mobilization aspect of program
- Coordinate with department heads of Education, PRI,SRLM and Civil Supply for issuance of guidelines for their support to MDA social mobilization
- Develop block/urban area level social mobilization plan in consultation with key stakeholders.
- Organize block level orientation of key stakeholders before the MDA rounds.
- Coordinate with the health department to ensure the guideline reaches the Drug Administrators before the MDA days.
- Coordinate and establish linkages with key stakeholders and officials in select platforms and departments at the block level such as Block Program Manager (BPM) – SRLM, Education Officer at block level, block PRI official, block Community Mobiliser (BCM), existing CSOs/FBOs (Faith Based Organizations), etc.
- Coordinate and follow up for supply of IEC materials at the field level.
- Coordinate with block level point persons for operationalizing the social mobilization plan.
- Provide relevant presentation and reading materials for orientation at the block level.
- Supportive supervision visits in field to overview the preparation and implementation of social mobilization activities and provide feedback to the block level stakeholders and officials.
- To support block in organizing training of Drug administrators
- Conduct a session on social mobilization and interpersonal communication during training
- Undertake monitoring during the MDA days.
- Maintain daily Management Information System (MIS)/ reporting.
- Any other responsibility assigned by supervisor.
Qualification and skills required: The position of District Mobilization Coordinator will require extensive field travel. DMC must have his/her own motor bike and valid driving license.
- Graduate in any stream with a minimum of 3 years’ field experience in Social Mobilization of any public health program.
- At least 2-year experience in supervision and monitoring.
- Basic knowledge of Lymphatic Filariasis and experience of liaising with government officials.
- Good computer, management, and organizational skills.
- Good written and verbal communication
- Should be able to speak, read and write Hindi and local language
- Willingness to travel to the field and ability to work against tight timelines.
Interested candidates can fill the Application Information for the position of District Mobilization Coordinator by 31st December 2022, 5:00pm.
PCI India is an equal opportunity provider and does not discriminate based on race, colour, religion (creed) , gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability and/or marital status