Term of Reference of Consultant-Livelihoods
Position Name: Consultant –Livelihoods
Reporting Line: Associate Director- H&N and Women Economic Empowerment, U.P.
Tenure: 12 months (Extendable)
About PCI India: –
PCI works with the government as well as social actors to create an enabling environment to improve and activate the social position of marginalized populations, especially women and girls, as well as strengthen convergent actions on the ground. Knowledge and evidence-based decision making, and data-driven management have been a trademark of our programs in India. For over two decades, PCI has maintained a diverse portfolio in India, with a presence in more than one fifth of all districts in the country, reaching over 10 million people in 2019 alone. PCI’s health, gender, and community development programming focuses on lowincome, vulnerable, and hard to-reach populations, especially adolescent girls, women of reproductive ages and children. By integrating its community mobilization and empowerment approaches into the government strategies and systems, PCI is helping to ensure that millions of vulnerable women, children, families, and communities throughout India can advocate for, access, and utilize quality health, nutrition, and empowerment services and information for generations to come.
About the Project / Partnership: –
The Uttar Pradesh State Rural Livelihoods Mission (UPSRLM) is mandated to implement DAY-NRLM – a national flagship program of the Ministry of Rural Development, Government of India that envisions addressing multi-dimensional poverty in rural India by organizing the poor and vulnerable women into self-help groups (SHGs). These SHGs are federated into Village Organizations (VOs) at the village level and further into cluster level federations (CLFs).
PCI as part of its technical assistance to UPSRLM has established a technical support unit(TSU) within UPSRLM. This technical support unit works closely with UPSRLM’s for implementation of Health & Nutrition, production and supply of Take Home Ration (THR) to Anganwadi centres, Gender and livelihood interventions with the community institutions and platforms i.e. SHGs and their higher federations; and devise evidence-based strategies and interventions, integrate Health and Nutrition (HN) and Take Home Ration (THR) into UPSRLM’s core operational model to achieve sustainable improvement in the project outcomes.
The scope and approach specific to employment generation entails co-creation strategies with
UPSRLM for system strengthening of UPSRLM in its core business areas, Strengthening UPSRLM’s internal system, structures, institutional mechanisms and processes, and strengthening and mobilizing the community institutions of UPSRLM in its core business areas.
The position requires the professional to be embedded within the UPSRLM, actively supporting in planning, developing, and managing farm livelihood projects at the state level. Key responsibilities include coordinating closely with UPSRLM for preparing annual action plans, providing technical support in implementation, and facilitating forward and backward linkages for farm livelihood initiatives with any other necessary support required for facilitating the SRLM reach its goals.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:-
- Support UPSRLM in Planning, development, implementation & management of farm Livelihood project/ Plan at state level
- Work in close coordination with supervisor and UPSRLM for preparing Farm livelihoods Annual Action plan.
- Provide technical support to UPSRLM in implementation of annual action plan & other farm livelihoods initiative.
- Assist UPSRLM in providing Forward and Backward linkage support for Farm Livelihood Project. The incumbent will be required to do identify livelihood opportunities based on primary and secondary review of sectoral interventions for rural communities related to farm and off farm with focus on Uttar Pradesh.
- Assist UPSRLM team in project formulation, designing and implementation of special Farm livelihoods project for vulnerable and rural communities’ communities and leveraging support from line departments with a focus on women.
- Will assist UPSRLM in promotion of farmer producer groups, Farmer producer organisations/companies; will support and assist in finalising the governance systems, operations and functions, legal compliances, statutory audits, financial management etc
- Will support and assist UPSRLM in formulation of Business Plans, Detailed Project Reports for various farm-based Livelihoods projects etc
- Assist UPSRLM in Liasoning with line departments and in preparing joint action plan for Self-Help Group Members. Design various Innovative operating procedures, formats, templates, dashboards, etc.
for extended and better implementation of the rural livelihood programmes.
- Coordinate and monitor activities of State, District and Block by tracking overall performance.
- Facilitate smooth collaboration and knowledge transfer to enhance systemic efficiency related to farm interventions.
- Prepare and support Implementation plans for the state and districts for smooth implementation of the Programmes.
- Provide monitoring, capacity building and handholding support for social mobilization activities related to implementation of rural livelihood programmes of the State Government.
- Provide documentation of case study, updated reports in timely Manner, compile Monthly progress reports, compile analytical presentations, organise project reviews for strengthening implementation, including processing of files in a time bound manner.
- Any other task assigned by supervisor.
The position is based at UPSRLM state office and incumbent will be required to work in close coordination with the mission team.
Qualification and skills required:
- MSW, PGDRM or Postgraduate in Agriculture, Rural Management, Agri business Management, Economics and other allied subjects with a minimum of 8 years’ experience in the field of Livelihoods Promotion
- Previous experience of at least 5 years in working with State Rural Livelihoods Mission
- Previous experience of Managing large scale project at State Level.
- Good computer knowledge, management, ambiguous and training skills.
- Good written and verbal communication. Candidate should be proficient in Hindi written and verbal communication. Preference will be given to candidates well versed in doing work in Hindi specially Hindi typing.
- Willingness to travel to the field and ability to work against tight timelines.
Note: This TOR is in Intended to provide a general overview of the position and may not cover every aspect of the role. Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed to support the organisational goals.
Interested candidates can apply by January 10, 2024, please find the below link for the application.
Uploading the CV is mandatory.
PCI India is an equal opportunity provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability and/or marital status. Due to the heavy inflow of resumes, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Females are encouraged to apply.