Position: Senior Consultant- Poverty Alleviation & Climate Action
Reporting Line: Director, Strategic Partnerships & Systems
Location: New Delhi
Number of Positions: 1
About the position:
The lead- Poverty alleviation & Climate Action will provide leadership, strategic direction, and guidance in planning, implementation and management of projects within the domain of Women’s Economic Empowerment & Livelihoods with specific focus on urban livelihoods and climate action at PCI India. S/he will provide technical assistance and guidance in designing and developing tailored and effective interventions and innovative solutions using participatory, evidence-based, human-centered design approaches for community progression. S/he will provide support in integration of climate resilient approaches and interventions within related projects and will strengthen the capacity of the project teams on climate & urban livelihoods to achieve overall goals and objectives. S/he should be well-versed and aware of the recent developmental trends and strategies in the respective domain. S/he will represent the organization across all the platforms for external communication aiming towards brand and portfolio building on poverty alleviation and climate action.
1. Strategic Management and Technical Leadership
• Develop comprehensive strategies that guide organizations projects on poverty alleviation and climate action.
• Ensure alignment and synergy between poverty alleviation and climate action programs as per the organizational requirements.
• Integrate poverty reduction approaches, sustainable climate change mitigation and adaptation measures within the relevant projects.
• Lead the process of designing, developing and refining organizational targets and projects aiming towards poverty alleviation and climate action.
• Lead internal information flow on all facets of the technical interventions required for evidence-based decision-making pertaining to the domain.
• Lead dissemination of program knowledge for policy-level changes to the government and other stakeholders/ opinion-leaders nationally and internationally.
• Support Director-Strategic Partnerships & Systems and other senior management team members, building strategies in the domain.
2. Program Management and Execution
• Lead the planning, execution, and assessment of poverty alleviation and climate action projects.
• Oversee the implementation process & progress to achieve predefined objectives and timelines.
• Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of projects and suggest course corrections as and when necessary.
• Guide and strengthen the internal capacity of the organization to achieve its goals in the related domain by exploring, identifying, and sharing the relevant global trends and solutions.
• Lead project design and conceptualization at the initial stage of project awarding.
• Through the projects pathway, advocate for policy changes and frameworks that address poverty alleviation in urban & rural context and address climate changes.
• Influence policy dialogue and contribute to shaping policies that support poverty alleviation and climate resilience, thereby positioning organization as a thought leader in the respective space.
• Assume accountability of project success and awarding in the relevant domain.
3. Stakeholder Engagement and Partnership Building
• Build and maintain relationships with key such as governmental bodies, NGOs, communities, and international organizations.
• Facilitate collaboration and partnerships to leverage resources and expertise for impactful interventions.
• Lead and direct strategic communications for the projects targeting different audiences.
• Research partners, identify key players and generate interest for building work collaborations.
• Foster dialogue and engagement to align diverse perspectives towards common goals.
• Assume responsibility of disseminating results and lessons learnt to broader audiences through conference presentations, publications, and technical reports to foster relationships with a broad range of partners, donors and other stakeholders.
• Provide strategic direction to teams for preparation of pitch presentation and reports while contemplating new associations.
• Provide leadership and mentorship to the team, fostering a culture of innovation and collaboration.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Post graduate/Masters degree in social work, rural development and other relevant fields.
• Minimum 20 years of experience in development sector with at least 10 years of experience in designing, planning, and implementing developmental projects.
• Demonstrated leadership in policy dialogues.
• Experience of working with corporates, donor organizations, National Rural Livelihood Mission (NRLM)/ State Rural Livelihood Missions (SRLMs) and their community structures.
• Understanding and familiarity of development communication challenges and solutions
• Strong understanding and perspective on climate action for attaining SDGs.
• Experience of cross-functional capabilities in policy analysis, operations management, sustainability & development effectiveness, partnership and stakeholder relationship management
Skills and Abilities
• Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation
• Demonstrated ability and experience to efficiently manage a team of professionals and work in a team.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Fluency in English (along with very strong writing ability) is essential.
• Resource Mobilisation
• Grant Management
• Research and impact studying
This job description is intended to provide a general overview of the position and may not cover every aspect of the role. Additional responsibilities and duties may be assigned as needed to support organizational goals.
Interested candidates can apply for the position by 27th December 2023
PCI India is an equal opportunity provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, and/or marital status. Due to the heavy inflow of resumes, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.