Position: Consultant – Convergence with Jeevika,Health and ICDS
Reporting Line: State Lead-Health and Nutrition
Number of Positions: 1
Duration – 3 months ( 5th Jan-24-31st-Mar-24)
About the Project -– JEEViKA Technical Support Program (JTSP):
The JEEViKA Technical Support Program (JTSP) is a flagship program of Project Concern International (PCI) in Bihar, funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. In its earlier phase between 2015 to 2021, JTSP has successfully supported in the demonstration, layering and integration of health and nutrition, into the operational framework of JEEViKA (the Bihar Rural Livelihoods Society). JTSP has supported JEEViKA to deliver a range of reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health and nutrition outcomes, through an at scale social behaviour change package and has enabled JEEViKA’s transformation into a model State Rural Livelihoods Mission, which embraces Health and Nutrition into its overall mandate. The next phase of this work, called JTSP II, is planned for the period between 2021 and 2024 and seeks to transition skills and capabilities to JEEViKA to drive HN strategies through its systems and network of community-based organizations
Scope of Work for the consultant
• Work closely with block and district level administrative officials of, Department of Health, JEEViKA, ICDS, Panchayati Raj for the convergence work related to the HNS work.
• Facilitate and mentor JEEViKA community mobilisers in planning, resource mapping, identifying, and enlisting beneficiaries and conducting social mobilization activities by leveraging the SHG platform of JEEViKA.
• Coordination, Networking and advocacy with Community influencers, religious institutions, Traditional healers, SHG leaders etc. to get support in addressing health services to the vulnerable communities.
• Develop and test a mechanism to use the VHSND as a platform of convergence to leverage the basic health and Nutrition services.
• Imparting training and supportive supervision of HNS training and activities of JEEViKA cadres and staff to ensure proper line listing of beneficiaries, home based counselling to the identified beneficiaries and effective use of IEC materials.
• Planning and Organizing community-based events in close liaison with community-based organizations (SHG federation) and religious institutions to bust and address the myths and misconceptions against Nutrition practices.
• Regularly participate in the SHG. VO and CLF meetings to boost the convergence with all the line departments at village level.
• Participate in the Regular visit to the community mobilization and v to support and address if any issue comes up.
• Proper documentation and reporting of program activities.
• Identification and preparation of case study.
• Support assigned Block/ CHC in training and mentoring the FLWs.
• Facilitate Badhai Ho! related training of the FLWs and quality assurance.
• Conduct the field visit for capacity building, and supervision and to provide handholding support to ANMs, ASHAs, ASHA Facilitators, and AWWs.
• Participate in the Tuesday meetings in the assigned Block/ CHC.
• Support CHC/ Block in planning & execution of designed CBE campaigns.
• Documentation & report writing of different training/ interventions.
• Provide analyzed data and reports on training implementation as per programmatic requirements under the guidance of the supervisor.
• Support JEEVIKA in establishing convergence with line departments for improving MIYCN indicators.
• Post Graduate degree in Social Work/ Social Science/Public Health, Rural development or any other relevant fields.
• A minimum of 7 years of relevant professional experience in public health, including a minimum three years of divisional / Regional level experience in managing & leading health programs.
Interested candidates can apply for the position Consultant-Convergence with Jeevika,Health and ICDS by 1st January 2024.
PCI India is an equal opportunity provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, and/or marital status. Due to the heavy inflow of resumes, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.