Position : City Lead
Position Reports to: National Program Manager – Women Economic Empowerment
Duration: 11 Months (Starting from February 2024)
Location: Bengaluru (Karnataka)
No. of Positions: 1
About the Project
PCI India has embarked on a unique project of urban poverty reduction through development of micro-enterprise value chains in food services. The project involves setting up of Women owned and operated cloud kitchens in urban/ peri-urban areas of NCR/ Bangalore/ Hyderabad.
The project will involve enterprise formation, collectivization, capacity building trainings, stakeholder engagement, market feasibility analysis and strategies, infrastructure, distribution and supply chain setting up and on-going technical assistance such as business support, loan facilitation, operational efficiency, certification, digitization, market promotion and market linkages to the women’s units.
PCI is seeking to hire City Lead to lead and manage the implementation and operationalization of the project at the city level. S/he will be responsible for the delivery of project outcomes, foster partnership with government and other stakeholders, be actively involved in policy advocacy as per the program strategy and pursue program growth opportunities. S/he will work closely with the SULM, Municipal Corporations, Community organisations and other relevant stakeholders, the target groups that are identified and mobilized and shall get the opportunity to develop innovative strategies for promoting sustainable livelihoods and socio-economic resilience. The City Lead– Cloud Kitchen Project shall work under the guidance of National Program Manager- WEE. She/He shall be responsible for the following:
Key Role and Responsibilities:
• Lead the market feasibility and scoping exercises.
• Monitor the digital/ technical platform setting up and operationalization.
• On-ground tracking of the doorstep assistance to the units and its members on a continuous basis in all business support services facilitating convergence to finance, market, supply chain and know-how.
• Facilitate sustained forward and linkages for the enterprises, support in generating high volume business for the kitchens.
• Ensure standardized business operations, quality assurance mechanisms, record keeping, and feedback mechanisms for the business.
• Monitor, review and measure the progress of businesses and take necessary corrective/ improvement measures.
• Lead the MIS, documentation, communication, impact evaluations and stakeholder networking.
• Coordinate with the support systems under NULM/SULM and other institutional mechanisms of government and industry for efficient implementation.
• Develop and submit monthly progress report to the Reporting Manager
• Lead and oversee the assigned project to completion.
• Identifying and communicating changes that may affect the project’s scope or timeline to the Program Manager
• Managing team members by delegating tasks and setting expectations for performance appraisal.
• Reviewing all deliverables of project to ensure they meet quality standards and align with organisations guidelines.
• Managing clients at all phases of the project, including establishing expectations, responding to questions, and resolving issues.
.To carry out any other relevant duties as required
Qualifications, Experience and Skills :
• Bachelor’s degree in entrepreneurship or business-related discipline required (Master’s degree preferred)
• 10+ years’ experience in entrepreneurship and livelihood projects
• 6+ years’ experience in a supervisory capacity
• Ability to complete projects on time and within the stated budget.
• Excellent communication, organization, time-management, and leadership skill, with strong analytical skills, sound judgement, and quick decision-making ability.
• Proficiency in local vernacular, Hindi, English and working knowledge of MS office is required.
• In case of outstanding candidates or Postgraduates work experience may be relaxed
Interested candidates can apply for the Position of City Lead by 5th January 2024.
PCI India is an equal opportunity provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability and/or marital status. Due to the heavy inflow of resumes, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
*Female candidates are encouraged to apply