Term Of Reference
Position: Block: Block Level Consultant – Special projects, PTSP (full time)
Reporting Line: Innovation Manager
Location: Barabanki & Sultanpur (Uttar Pradesh)
Number of Positions: 2
Duration – 6 months (with the scope of additional 3 months)
About Project Concern International
PCI, a Global Communities Partner has been working in India since 1998 with the Mission to empower people to enhance health, end hunger, overcome hardship and advance women and girls. PCI, a Global Communities Partner, envisions a world in which the most vulnerable people will have the power to lift themselves out of poverty and to create vital, healthy lives for their families and communities now and for the future.
PCI works with the government as well as social actors to create an enabling environment to improve and activate the social position of marginalized populations, especially women and girls, as well as strengthen convergent actions on the ground. Knowledge and evidence-based decision making, and data-driven management have been a trademark of our programs in India. For over two decades, PCI has maintained a diverse portfolio in India, with a presence in more than one-fifth of all districts in the country, reaching over 10 million people in 2019 alone. PCI’s health, gender, and community development programming focuses on low-income, vulnerable and hard-to-reach populations, especially adolescent girls, women of reproductive ages and children. By integrating its community mobilization and empowerment approaches into the government strategies and systems, PCI is helping to ensure that millions of vulnerable women, children, families, and communities throughout India have the ability to advocate for, access and utilize quality health, nutrition, and empowerment services and information for generations to come.
About the Project:
Prerna Technical Support Program (PTSP) is the Technical Assistance (TA) project with the support of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) to strengthen Uttar Pradesh State Rural Livelihood Mission (UPSRLM) in its core areas as well as in the emerging areas of health and nutrition (HN). The overall support entails- cocreation of a strategy with UPSRLM for system strengthening of UPSRLM in its core business areas and integration of HN; strengthening UPSRLM’s internal system, structures, institutional mechanisms and concomitant processes, and strengthening and mobilizing the community institutions of UPSRLM in its core business areas; providing technical know-how to the UPSRLM for building HN strategy and designing strategic interventions on HN integration, building upon learning from successful models being implemented in Bihar and other states of India and elsewhere globally, and, providing systematic and catalytic support through cascade capacity building of staff and community cadres, handholding, mentoring and quality assessment to ensure successful implementation of those interventions in a defined geography; and, generating dynamic field intelligence through strong measurement systems for providing deeper insight for decision making and program improvement, and creating and sharing a digital knowledge repository with UPSRLM for scale-up preparedness of the HN integrated model across the state.
Key Roles and Responsibilities of the District Coordinator:
The special projects consultant, under the supervision of the Innovation Manager, will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Implementation of family planning pilot interventions at the block under the guidance of a supervisor.
- Coordination with UPSRLM’s Community Institutions, Community Cadre for HN, and project management teams placed at the block and district level for smooth implementation of design development and testing activities.
- Coordinate with district and block-level officials and front-line workers of the Department of Health, etc. to achieve the objectives of special projects under PTSP.
- Conduct pilot activities in coordination with UPSRLM and the Department of Health to increase coverage and service access among the eligible households of the project areas.
- Support in data collection, documentation and reporting of the project activities.
- Quality assurance of the planned interventions such as line listing of households, clients segmentation, home visits, etc and handholding support of ICRP-FNHWs to ensure proper implementation of the activities.
- Regular visits to intervention sites to ensure community mobilisation and support in addressing the relevant issues.
- Reporting of program activities, documentation and record keeping.
- Identification and preparation of case studies.
- Any other activities as assigned by the supervisor and the organization.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Social Work/ Rural Development/ Social Science/ Public Health and General Management from a reputed university/institute.
- Work Experience:
- Minimum 5-6 years’ experience working in the field of Family Planning/community mobilization / public health and related fields preferably in Uttar Pradesh.
- Working experience in INGO/NGO in the area of community intervention / public health programs involving rural communities would be an added advantage.
- Good understanding of State rural livelihood mission, social structures and community-level dynamics of Uttar Pradesh.
- Personality attributes:
- Strong sense of professional commitment, maturity & social accountability, and individual’s right to health.
- Good interpersonal and communications skills, including writing skills in English and Hindi.
- Ability to communicate effectively in local dialects in Uttar Pradesh.
- Willingness to ensure extensive field movement within the district/block almost 80% of the time or as per project needs.
- Candidate should possess a personal two wheeler for field movement with a valid driving license.
- Skills Attributes:
- Ability to write and type in Hindi fonts will be added advantage.
- Consultative and collaborative approach; ability to work with diverse groups.
- Proven ability to take initiative, problem-solving and work as a team member.
- Working Knowledge of computer M.S Excel and M.S Office.
Interested candidates can apply for the position of Block Co-ordinator by by clicking on following link on or before 08th June 2023
PCI India is an equal opportunity provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability and/or marital status. Due to the heavy inflow of resumes, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.