Position: Block Co-ordinator
Reporting Line: State Co-ordinator
Location: Blocks of Chhattisgarh
Number of Positions: 25
Duration – 2 years
About the Project:
Project Concern International (PCI) India is seeking a unique opportunity with the Government of Chhattisgarh, called “Chhattisgarh Inclusive Rural and Accelerated Agricultural Growth (CHIRAAG) project”. The focus of this project is to strengthen the present systems and implementation units to form a nutrition supportive agricultural intervention to influence the household food availability, well distributed and targeted consumption at HH level and accelerated adoption of good nutrition practices.
PCI is seeking a motivated Field professional called Block Co-Ordinator who will oversee the operationalization and implementation of the project at the ground level to create awareness amongst key stakeholders and build community capacity on nutrition and developing community cadres and through them drive the Social Behavior Change and Communication (SBCC) program in the project areas the tribal dominated areas of Chhattisgarh. The coordinator will work closely with the State Co-Ordinator and with other technical agencies and project leadership, as required.
Block Co-ordinators will be placed at block level as a point person to implement Social Behavior Change and communication related to Health, Nutrition, and livelihoods (HNL).
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
• Train and support the Poshan Sakis for ensuring implementation of the SBCC – HNL activities at Block and household level
• Assist Poshan Sakis (CMs), State Co-Ordinator in Planning, Monitoring and reviewing program outcomes at block level
• Maintain and update the Block profile
• Support the M- H&N in organizing and conducting training activities at block level
• Will attend project block level review meeting organized by project team and S/he will provide updates on HNS related issues and develop block level action Plan for HNS.
• Facilitate process to strengthen convergence between department to achieve better outcomes of the project at Block level
• Compile Monthly progress report and send to M-H&N through State Co-Ordinator’s
• Maintain HNS data flow from field, block to District level
• Generate monthly brief block level progress reports including success stories on Behavior Change, collective action etc.
• Provide data and reports as per programmatic requirements under guidance of respective supervisors
• Any other documents related and required by the project.
Qualifications and Competencies:
• Master’s degree in Nutrition/ Public Health/Development/ Social sector with 4 years of experience in relevant sector managing agriculture integrated with nutrition (OR)
• Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition, Public Health, Home Science, or related topic with 6 years of experience in relevant sector managing agriculture integrated with nutrition.
Interested candidates can apply for the position of Block Co-ordinator by 23rd April 2023.
PCI India is an equal opportunity provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, and/or marital status. Due to the heavy inflow of resumes, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.