Position Title: Accountant
No of Position: 1
Reporting Line: Assistant Manager Finance
About the Project:
Similar to the Satat Jeevikoparjan Yojana (SJY) program in rural Bihar, there is a felt need for a graduation focused program in urban areas of Bihar for the urban ultra poor. PCI, under the aegis of BRAC India, would therefore, work towards poverty alleviation of urban ultra poor, in two urban wards of the two districts Gaya & Patna. The Bihar Urban Poor Graduation Program (BUPGP) is envisaged to build on the knowledge of SJY program and partner with key stakeholders in urban Bihar to pilot this Graduation program in an urban context. The BUPGP would be piloted from July 2023 to March 2024 in the aforementioned geographies. The BUPGP is envisaged to have four pillars ; (1) facilitating social protection to support basic income security and immediate needs, such as food consumption support, crisis relief, and access to health, and education; (2) livelihoods promotion consisting of an asset transfer and/or skills training, or cash transfer, to manage the asset or access (self)employment opportunities; (3) financial inclusion to ensure direct access to convenient, formal or informal financial services, accompanied with financial literacy training; and (4) social empowerment through regular check-ins with Graduation coaches and life- skills support that build confidence and resilience. To successfully execute, the above-mentioned program, PCI would embed a team of 5 officials under Bihar Skill Development Mission (BSDM) to set up a program management unit (PMU). The farsighted approach of the program is to enable co-designing and implementing of program in close coordination with government department for attaining programs sustainability. For this the PMU, shall closely work with the following government departments; BSDM, the State Urban Livelihood Mission (NULM), the Urban Development and Housing Department (UDHD), and JEEViKA for converging efforts of multiple departments towards the program. Over the period, the program is expected to develop urban graduation coaches, enable access to government entitlements for the program participants, build an urban graduation ecosystem, establish linkages for financial inclusion through leveraging government programs, develop IEC & capacity building products along with robust MIS, for systemic program adoption and upscaling.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Financial Management and book keeping
• Keeping books of account and managing the day-to-day financial transactions of the organization, including timely payments to staff and vendors.
• Assist AFM in preparation of monthly finance reports Budget analysis Statement, Bank reconciliation statements (BRS), advance details, etc.
• Verification and processing of vendor bills and staff claims.
• Processing of all advance requests for field office as and when required and their settlement.
• Booking of all daily transaction in PCI India’s Online entry book keeping system (on a routine basis and maintaining other related documents)
• Proper documentation & filling of financial profiles.
• Preparation of vouchers and processing of payments.
• Meeting statutory requirement at operations level such as making entries of TDS etc.
• Assist AFM in reconciling advances, TDS, staff account, vendor accounts, Assets detail on monthly basis.
2. Efficient Financial Risk Management
• Contribute to Organization Financial Risk Management through
Support Monthly review of books of accounts as per approved donor budgets and highlight variances on a regular basis.
• Partner Financial Risk Management
Assist and Travel to partner offices for financial review
Assist in follow up and coordination with Partners on the action taken report
3. Compliance, legal & Audit
• Support in audit preparedness by
Digitalization of finance data
Physical archiving by handing over of list of files verification of physical data storage by the vendor
Retrieval of data (both soft and hard data)
• Support in payroll and statutory compliance by doing the following:
Coordination for providing the data to the vendor
Handle Distribution queries related to form 16A
Support in timely signatures and timely submission on all copies filed at office
Support in timely processing of TDS and PF submission, as per GOI timelines
4. Team Building
• Work closely with all stakeholders with a service orientation and problem solving approach
• A Graduate (Finance) from a reputed institute
Skills and Experience:
• Minimum 3 to 5 years working experience in accounts and finance function.
• Working knowledge of USAID, FCRA, Income tax and other applicable laws.
• Hands on experience of internal financial reporting
• Analytical, verbal and written communications skills.
• Strong sense of professional commitment and maturity.
• Attention to details and ability to multi-task.
• Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
• Knowledge of computers especially MS Office, Advanced Excel
Interested Candidates can apply for the position of Accountant by 5th August 2023
PCI India is an equal opportunity provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability and/or marital status
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.